Advocates For Airports, Aviation Companies And Pilots
Kaiser Legal Solutions, PLLC has extensive experience in aviation law. We serve airports, air transportation companies, suppliers to the aviation industry and individual pilots. We can provide guidance through the complex maze of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) regulations.
Our attorneys provide advice, services and representation in aviation law matters involving:
- Business aspects of aviation operations and advice regarding Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) compliance and violations
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) compliance and violations
- Aviation safety issues
- Air freight shipping
- Airspace rights of way
- Private and corporate aircraft operation and maintenance
- SIDA Badge issues
- Defense of pilots’ licenses
- Defense of airman certificate actions, including emergency revocations
- FAA investigations and actions related to medical certifications
Pilot’s Bill Of Rights
In 2012, the federal Pilot’s Bill of Rights became law. This legislation modifies the procedures the FAA uses when investigating an individual regarding the approval, denial, suspension, modification or revocation of an airman certificate.
Prior to the legislation, pilots could appeal adverse FAA decisions to an administrative law judge and subsequently to the NTSB. If that failed, the pilot could make an appeal to the United States Circuit Court of Appeals, but that court could only review the evidence in the trial record. After the enactment of the Pilot’s Bill of Rights, a pilot can seek relief a trial before a U.S. District Court judge. This provides an additional avenue by which a pilot can seek a just outcome in a licensing matter. The Pilot’s Bill of Rights also requires that the FAA provide certain notices and information to airmen during investigations.
At Kaiser Legal Solutions, PLLC we are strong advocates for commercial and general aviation pilots and aviation operations. If your pilot’s license is under threat, we will aggressively represent you before an administrative law judge, the NTSB or in federal court.